Halloween is one of the best times to play dress up, try out intricate makeup looks, and pretend to be someone else. But you know what’s even better than seeing a bunch of your friends all tricked out? Dogs. Dogs in costumes just don’t get old.
So, if you’re like us and can’t get enough of a dog wearing a hat or sporting a button-up, scroll down for some of the cutest, funniest, and spookiest pups we’ve spotted this year.
Psst: Did you dress your dog up or spot a winning costume in the wild? Share your photos in the comments below!
1. This Burger-Slinging Shiba
Hi, yes—I’ll take one double-double, animal style. And an order of animal-style fries. Okay, and a burger for you, too.
2. The Best Regina George You’ll Ever See
3. The Cutest Little Cousin Itt
We see you trying not to smile, Wednesday. 😎
4. We’re Not Even Sure There’s a Dog Here…
…but we’d sure like to snuggle up with all those teddy bears.
5. Sandy and Danny Going for a Drive (or Fly)
TBH, we like to pretend that very last scene didn’t happen.
6. The Most Hipster-Looking Lumberjack
Are you chopping trees or brewing beer, lil’ guy?
7. A Couple of Step Bros
Did we just become best friends? YUP.
8. This Slightly Terrifying Chucky Dog
Oh, the terror! Or should we say, terrier?
9. These Space Adventurers
You’ve got a friend in me—and everyone who sees this photo.
10. The Happiest Dood in All the Land
Happy doods = happy trees.
11. This Spooky Invalid
How dare someone hurt you with those sweet, puppydog eyes?
12. The Grouchiest Garbage Pup
His grumpy little face just adds that special je ne sais quoi.
13. This Dead-On Garth Impersonator
Party on, dood. Party on.
14. Woof Bader Ginsberg
The Notorious WBG.